Sky Betting & Gaming and York Racecourse have revealed the lucky 22 Yorkshire-based charities, foundations and community groups shortlisted in this year’s Sky Bet Ebor Festival Community Sweepstake.
The sweepstake style initiative matches all the shortlisted good causes with a runner from this year’s Sky Bet Ebor in a live TV draw on Thursday 18th August, before Europe’s richest handicap on Saturday 20th August.
Not only will the charity, foundation or community group matched to the horse that wins benefit from a £20,000 donation, but 2nd and 3rd place will also receive £5,000 and £2,000 respectively. All remaining shortlisted causes will also receive a £1,000 donation to put towards a specific project or initiative.
The shortlist was whittled down from more than 150 entries from across Yorkshire, with the final list covering a diverse range of geographical locations and causes.
The final 22 shortlisted good causes are:
- Active Independence - Rotherham
- Antibiotic Research UK - York
- Dementia Dreammakers Sheffield - Sheffield
- Ella Dawson Foundation - Hudderfield
- Independent Domestic Abuse Services (IDAS) - York
- Jennyruth Workshops - Ripon
- Joseph Rowntree Theatre - York
- Keep Your Pet - York
- Leeds Society for Deaf & Blind People - Leeds
- Ma’Kelly’s Kitchen - Keighley
- Norton Hive Community Library and Hub - Rotherham
- Proud n Diverse - Leeds
- Ryedale Food Bank - Malton
- St Leonard’s Hospice - York
- Support Dogs - Sheffield
- SVH Inc. CIC - Huddersfield
- Swinton and District Excelsior Band - Malton
- The Friends of Nunroyd Park - York
- The Pocklington Canal Amenity Society - Pocklington
- The Sporting Memories Foundation - Bradford
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance and Allied Air Forces Memorial - Pocklington
- Yorkshire and Humberside Asbestos Victim’s Support Group - Bridlington
The Ebor Festival Community Sweepstake demonstrates how Sky Betting & Gaming is driving positive change on the ground, aligning with a core pillar of Flutter’s Positive Impact Plan to ‘Do More’ for local communities.
Michael Afflick, Director of Brand, Creative and Sponsorship at Sky Betting & Gaming, said: “With so many fantastic entries, it was incredibly difficult to select just 22 of these wonderful causes. All were incredibly worthwhile, and we can’t wait to see which horse races to victory in aid of their matched charity, foundation, or community group. We’re set for an exciting weekend at York Racecourse!”
James Brennan, Head of Marketing and Sponsorship at York Racecourse, added: “We’re delighted with the final shortlist of causes, and can’t wait to play host to them in what is one of our highlights in the racing calendar – the Sky Bet Ebor Festival. The initiative is a brilliant way to connect with the wider community and shine a light on the incredible work that happens across the county.”
For more information, please email Kate Hutchinson at email@example.com.
Sign up to email alerts here.